Combination Tech will install, maintain/troubleshoot various customer premise equipment.
This typically involves wiring or rewiring, prep of equipment and onsite installation,
could also involve participation in placement of the drop wire. Services being installed
normally include voice, video and internet and can be installed in either a residential
or commercial setting. This work is in 100% fiber to the home exchanges. This is an at-will
entry-level position with no supervisory responsibilities. Pay is based on experience and
skills and is a non-exempt/hourly position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Telecom experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner to keep customer service commitment times.
- Contacting customers, external and/or internal will be required.
- Adapt in changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills and new procedures.
- Must be able to climb various types of ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand, and walk, occasionally over uneven terrain, for extended periods.
- Travel within the region and/or throughout the country could be required, this could require overnights stay.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
- Must pass a background check and/or drug screening test.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to accept emergency callouts.
- Ability to work on-call schedule as well as overtime as needed.
- Function as a team player with ability and willingness to train on the job with unfamiliar or new equipment as needed.
- Ability to achieve required certifications and to successfully complete and required training or coursework.
- Ability to work with equipment and hand tools necessary to perform installs or installation of customer premise equipment.
- Ability to read or interpret documents necessary to install or maintain customer premise equipment.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, customers and various business professionals in a respectful and courteous manner.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are
required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Preferred Duties, Experience and Responsibilities
- Any degree in computer, electrical or telecommunications orientated field.
- 3+ years in telecommunications field.
- Experience in fiber splicing.
- Experience in locating fiber facilities.
- Experience in Hosted or Non-Hosted PBX Systems.
- Must be physically able to lift 70lbs.
- Applicant should be computer literate; Microsoft Office products.
- Applicant must submit to a drug test prior to beginning employment.
Job Location (City, State)
Contact / Apply for Position
Send Cover Letter and Resume to Denise Racine via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2019 S.W.I.F.T. Services - 1303 W. Sheridan Ave. 51601, Shenandoah, IA
Subsidiary of Farmers Telephone Company of Essex and IAMO Telephone of Coin, Iowa
General Terms & Conditions of Service